2.24.2006

Down with the sickness

I hate being sick. No, really. I do. I mean, I don’t mind the occasional day off work for feeling slightly under the weather, but this has been lasting way too long. I only went in to the office one day this week, and that turned out to be a huge mistake. I woke up feeling worse and called off yet again. To make things worse, I’m in the massive drainage part of the illness and I ran out of Kleenex early this afternoon. That, of course, meant that I would have to actually leave the house and pick up some more. I did so and also got some vitamin supplements, namely Echinacea and Vitamin C. It might have helped a bit more had I started taking them on Sunday evening when I felt this thing coming on, but I’m bound and determined to be done with this thing by next Monday.

I know I shouldn’t be feeling sorry for myself, though, because my grandfather is in the hospital. He just underwent surgery on his hip the other day and he isn’t doing so well right now. Being 86 years old, any kind of surgery can be hard on him, and he hasn’t quite been able to recover as well as he would have a few years ago. On Friday, he had an allergic reaction to an attempted blood transfusion. The doctors and nurses managed to stabilize him, but it was fairly serious, and he almost died.

So the conclusion of this half-baked entry is that illness of every type sucks. I guess that’s really all I have.

1 Comments:

At 2/24/2006 11:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hells yeah man...I just got over a stomach flu, not fun at all. Sorry to hear about the downtime.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home