5.19.2006

eBay Part 2

So I received this response from Courtney last night:


First and foremost, how did I "tell ebay" that I was from Minnesota? I believe that My Michigan addy is clearly stated on my account with ebay.

2nd, all of my feedback IS from tool tickets, yes. No, I did not get 5 ticks for MYSELF, there were 9 of us that went together. The tickets I bought were for myself, my boyfriend, another couple, and my older sister.

3rd I DID in fact pay for the ticks through Vivid, I did recieve them, and I did use them, and I DID recieve feedback from them.

4th, the ticket i purchased from nealruffner, was a FAKE TICKET!!!! it was a ticketfast ticket (which means a computer print out on regular paper, not a hard ticket). Upon showing up to the venue, the usher scanning the tickets confinscated the ticket b/c it had already been USED. so he either sold me a COPY of his ticket, or he gave it to someone else to use, who got to the show b4 we did. either way, my friend could not be admitted with it, and we had to buy another one from someone off the street. i am extremely NOT HAPPY about that. he and i have both been in contact with ticketmaster, AND the fox theatre to try to figure out when and how the original ticket was used. i have also brought THIS to the attention of ebay, and im sure he has been in contact with them as well.

5th, both of the sellers, nealruffner and apefercttool listed the face value at almost DOUBLE what the actual face value was. this meaning, i bid on items that were listed falsely.

6th, my address with paypal and ebay are both my CURRENT address, which is in michigan, you knew this b/c you SHIPPED the ticket to my michigan address. where you get off saying that i have a minnesota address is beyond me....

7th, my boyfriend that went to the show with me, is a police officer. he is the one who became irate when he saw the actual face value of the tickets, and what was actually paid for them.

Before you start making accusations, you should do your research.

Taken from the paypal page you listed...
"Sellers must restrict the sale of event tickets to residents in the state or province of the regulated event to the amounts described below ..... As a ticket seller, you are responsible for ensuring that your particular transaction does not violate any applicable law or the terms on the ticket."
This is the response I have worked up so far:


If you look below at your very first question, you'll see, where it says "Location," the abbreviation says "MN" and not "MI." I did not alter this in any way, and it appeared that way right up until you made your complaint. Had your account actually been registered as Michigan, eBay would not have allowed you to even bid on the ticket. I know this because I received messages from a few Michigan residents who wanted me to end the auction early and sell it to them privately.

Question about Item -- Respond Now
eBay sent this message on behalf of an eBay member via My Messages. Responses sent using email will not reach the eBay member. Use the Respond Now button below to respond to this message.
Question from courtney97799779
courtney97799779( 1)
Positive Feedback:
100%
Member Since:
Apr-30-06
Location:
MN, United States
Registered On:
www.ebay.com
Item: Tool Tickets 5/15/06 (Detroit) (6627895444)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
courtney97799779 is a potential buyer.
decided what you want to do yet? auction ends in like an hour....
Respond to this question in My Messages.

Item Details
Item name:
Tool Tickets 5/15/06 (Detroit)
Item number:
6627895444
End date:
May-09-06 13:47:33 PDT
View item description:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6627895444&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1
Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/
Marketplace Safety Tip
Always remember to complete your transactions on eBay - it's the safer way to trade.Is this message an offer to buy your item directly through email without winning the item on eBay? If so, please help make the eBay marketplace safer by reporting it to us. These "outside of eBay" transactions may be unsafe and are against eBay policy. Learn more about trading safely.
Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the community by reporting it.
Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial
This eBay notice was sent to matt@mattmartinez.net on behalf of another eBay member through the eBay platform and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.
See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.htmlUser Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html
Copyright © 2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.
As for Vivid Seats, according to the auction, you bid well over face value for those tickets as well. Also, I called them, and according to the person to which I spoke, you did not pay for the tickets, rather they were sold to a ticket broker.

I hope you can forgive me for being suspicious, but A) I don't know you, and B) this all seems rather fishy. Admit it, if you sold something to someone and they then asked you for a full refund —not just the difference, mind you, but a full refund—on an item that was non-returnable, you'd be a little incredulous as well.

Out of curiosity, who actually used the ticket I sold to you?
I haven't sent this yet, and I'd like to know if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions they would like to make as to how I continue to handle this.

3 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man... it's all getting so huge and blown out of proportion...

Hopefully my emails have helped in some small way... but it leads me to believe that I neither want to buy or sell tickets on ebay... seems too difficult. :)

 
At 5/19/2006 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiee, what a mess! Your response is good, though--direct and low-key. The whole "my boyfriend is a cop" thing sounds like she's trying to be intimidating. What does it matter what he does for a living (if he is a cop at all)?

But keep rocking out. Mad props for handling all of this so well!

 
At 5/27/2006 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about taking so long to respond to this, but, you know me....I wouldn't be quite so nice, and probably would have ended up in trouble. But, thanks to your cool-head approach, you are really saying "fuck you" without actually saying it. Now, me, I would actually say "fuck you". But I really like your way of handling this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home