10.05.2006

Sure, I'll weigh in...

I'm sure that my Republican friend will just accuse me of taking delight in the misfortune of the country and/or wanting America to fail, but dammit, this is just too hilarious. I mean, the idea that the self-proclaimed party of family values has been caught trying to cover for a sexual predator—from their own party, naturally—just amuses me to no end. And now that they have been caught, they go on the defensive and try to blame the Democrats. (Fox News went so far as to "accidentally" say that Foley is a Democrat himself in the captions that appeared during the news stories. If I'm not mistaken, Bill O'Reilly even "accidentally" referred to him as a Democrat on his show.)

What it comes down to is that the party that claims to be the party of the everyday, old fashioned, working class person is more interested in protecting their own power than protecting the teens who look up to them and work with them as Congressional pages. I think this might have an adverse effect on the support from the "Security Moms" they supposedly gained in the previous election. I tell you, if the Republicans keep their Congressional majority after November, then the people of the United States will deserve every shitty thing that happens to them in the next several years.

Make sure to check out these Foley-related videos made by a comedy troup named Invisible Engine. The first is a dramatization of an IM session between Foley and an unidentified ex-page. The second is...kind of bizarre, but it sort of goes through the past, present and future of the Foley scandal.

1 Comments:

At 11/19/2006 7:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this posting is late, but you need to do a follow-up story on Haggard, and how the corrupt Republican machine is doomed (espcially in the wake of Demo-Sweeps).

Just so you know, I don't base my voting on quality or politics, but which contender has the hottest daughters.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home